Utah

'I am tougher than a bullet,' says girl, 14, who was shot in the head

Cache County teen goes home after 2 months in hospital

Comments

• cmsense Kaysville, UT
    April 21, 2017 8:35 a.m.

What an awesome young woman!!! She has a strong spirit.

• Flashback Kearns, UT
    April 21, 2017 7:36 a.m.

I was impressed by her statements on the news. The Force is strong with this one.

Now, it is up to the courts to have these two "young men" put into the adult system and try them as adults. Then send them both to prison for a long time. Hopefully by the time they get out, they will be old enough to know better.

• emb Pleasant Grove, UT
    April 21, 2017 4:04 a.m.

Hats off to Primary Children's Hospital. These people are amazing. emb

• Cougarbib2 Moorpark, CA
    April 20, 2017 11:27 p.m.

As someone previously posted - Inspirational young woman and family.

Quite a contrast to those involved with this story that continue to unnamed.

• NeilT Clearfield, UT
    April 20, 2017 9:38 p.m.

I am so appalled by the callous actions of the two boys accused of assaulting her. I hope they can somehow find a path to redemption and forgiveness.

• Twin Lights Louisville, KY
    April 20, 2017 7:30 p.m.

I am pleasantly surprised by her fast recovery. God bless.

• suzyk#1 Mount Pleasant, UT
    April 20, 2017 7:01 p.m.

I am so thankful you have the strength and determination to get through this. You are a remarkable young woman...I wish I could give you a gentle hug and tell you how proud I am of your Faith and Love for our Heavenly Father. You are an amazing girl..you will continue to be in my thoughts.

• Dadof9 Midway, UT
    April 20, 2017 5:59 p.m.

Desiree Turner, you and your family are truly an inspiration and awesome example for all. May Heavenly Father continue to bless you and your family. I’m sure He will.

• Clovis Fan Clovis, CA
    April 20, 2017 5:19 p.m.

Miracles happen every day. What an inspiring young lady!

• DEW Sandy, UT
    April 20, 2017 5:14 p.m.

Wow, that was fast. Now she can grow her beautiful hair back like it was. She may be tougher than this bullet in her head and hoping in the future it can be remove soon. Enjoy being with your pets and your horse.

• SmBus Salt Lake City, UT
    April 20, 2017 4:39 p.m.

I am so profoundly happy. I have tears welling up. This young lady is going to accomplish much good in her life. I thank Heaven that they heard and answered. May Heaven continue to smile upon her and her family.

• Mig welder Huntington, UT
    April 20, 2017 3:28 p.m.

Best wishes young lady!
    May God bless you and your family as you heel.

• lost in DC West Jordan, UT
    April 20, 2017 3:09 p.m.

it appears she may have a little paralysis on the side of her face. Who knows what other long term effects she will have to deal with from this brutal, cruel, and senseless act? I pray she continues to get the help and support she will require long after her unwanted celebrity fades and that she is tougher than the bullet

• Johnny Triumph Lahaina, HI
    April 20, 2017 2:48 p.m.

What a strong girl!

• Jimbo Low PLEASANT GROVE, UT
    April 20, 2017 1:52 p.m.

Great job for this young girl to turn a positive from a senseless act.